frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Sunday, May 31, 2009

An apple a day keeps the doc away


I don't get how closely the history of an apple tree becomes connected to us human. They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away... I say without apple, there would be no apple pie, apple cider, apple jam, apple juice, apple cheesecakes or even apple butter...

Apples are everywhere! The Sunday Market seems to be full of apples, tons of gorgeous apples seen in almost all the stalls, why, oh why? I realized that it must be some sort of a sign.. So I stocked up on apples, bought like a dozen, and off I go to my pearl-white kitchen!

I guess i'll just be making fresh apple sauce for tomorrow, it's the easiest thing to do, just cut into slices, put it in a saucepan, add a little water, start heat on high, bring to boil and stir! Apples are my favorite because you can easily mix it with anything, it quickly adds crunch, flavor, and aroma to any type of food, be it main course, appetizer, or dessert! My kids are huge fans of apples too.

Another thing with apples is that you can get a good dose of vitamin C, potassium, and folic acid into your body. Keeps you energized and rejuvinated! And the best part is, it's a low-calorie food! Healthy, fuss-free, just peel the skin and you're good to go. Monday morning will be a great morning for I will be getting loaves of delicious whole wheat bread made moist with applesauce! My kids for sure will love it! I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment