frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pizza tastes yummier when it's free

I spent the whole night last night figuring out that secret recipe to that great tasting sauce at Uncle Moe's. I tried to combine plain cold yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, and salt to taste in attempt to copy the sauce but of course, I got disappointed. I even tried to experiment by putting some tomatoes in it but it tasted weird. So I've decided, what the heck, I'll just call 777-77-77 and order my all-time favorite Shakey's potato mojos and bacon mushroom pizza! Two of my friends were actually with me at the time so we got two 12-inch pizza using a palm card plus party sized mojos. A palm card entitles you to a free pizza for every pizza that you buy either take-out or delivery, same size! So we called them at around 12:10pm and they said that our order will arrive after 45 minutes. The weather was pretty bad because of the heavy rain.

12:55pm >> still no sign of the delivery pizza guy.

Then all of a sudden, my friend started to sing, "Shakey's 777-77-77, if it's late it's free, Shakey's deliveeerrryy......" She started to joke around that if the delivery guy still hasn't arrived by 1:00pm, we might actually get the pizza for free. I thought to myself, probably not unless it's extremely late..

At 1:10pm, *doorbell rings* "Shakey's delivery!!"

AND GUESS WHAT, we actually got everything for free! Our bill was supposedly P600 and we ended up paying only P50, which is just A tip we gave for the delivery guy. The delivery guy was so nice!

Next time, try to order at Shakey's when the weather's bad, I tell you, eating gets better especially when it's free. ;D

Happy times!

No comments:

Post a Comment