frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Thursday, June 11, 2009

California rolls



Sometimes my dad would make california maki rolls for dinner. There would be quartered pieces of nori (seaweed), and all sorts of vegetables in the kitchen as he makes it. He used to ask me what ingredients I would want in my roll and then he would roll it up and chow down. I knew it was easy. I complained about his california maki rolls because it didn't look the same as it did in restaurants so that was the time I learned to make it myself. Many people loved eating all sorts of sushi and sashimi but it's not everyday that you get to eat Japanese food. It would usually cause a hole in your wallet so making california maki rolls at home is much more cost-efficient, considering you can actually make it the way you like it. California Maki is the most popular among other suhsi and sashimi. It has been influential for sushi chefs around the world in creating this fusion cuisine since california maki is an all time favorite Japanese food of many. My way of making a california maki is having cooked sushi rice, seaweed sheets, sliced strips of avocado, sliced strips of cucumer, fish roe, sliced crab meats and soy sauce. California maki rolls would consist of proteins from different sources, meat and vegetables, just the way Gladiators eat so that they get strength and stamina. The california maki rolls have rice that gives of energy, and protein that gives them strength. Eating california maki rolls makes me feel like a gladiator! You see, gladiators are often treated well and fed properly with a high protein diet. Eating california maki rolls gives you that feeling that you are being treated and fed properly too. No wonder a lot of people consider califonia maki rolls as one of their favorite dishes!

2 comments: