frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Salcedo Saturday Market


I usually spent my Saturdays at Salcedo Market in Makati. It's just like the usual marketplace, minus the stink. It looks more like a bazaar though, which of what the best kitchens in Makati had to offer. It was actually the only market I know where some people actually though of their clothing before they get there. As early as 7am, you will see around a 100 plus stalls/vendors that sells all sorts of food. There’s barbecue, lechon, shawarma and other local ready to eat viands. You can also stock up on fresh fish, frozen chicken, live crabs, organic veggies, and an array of desserts like leche flan, maja blanca, nuts, suman and many other delicacies. There are also fruits, flowers and plants available in the market. Aside from those, there are also stalls offering spicy indian food, thai food, chinese food cook on the spot and also my favorite german sausages and monster burgers. This is really a good place to go to every Saturday morning. This market also offer you frenchman crepes, now where else will you get to buy these things in the supermarket or just the usual palengke right? My first time in Salcedo Market, I said to myself that this is the market for me. My love for exotic and great food perfectly matches Salcedo Market. Tents are also set up to provide shade over tables where you can eat and people-watch. It's really the perfect place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment