frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's healthy to go green


So here I am once again blogging about my latest food craze. Can I just say i'm loving Kozui Green Tea Place! Not only is it healthy but it's also ultimately yummy! When I first heard of this place, I was really weirded out. In my head, this place must be totally boring since everything would be just plain green tea. But when I saw their menu, oh boy, I wanna try everything! So i got the chance to try out their Takoyaki Special (P98), it's a pan-grilled tako-balls with chunks of ika, ebi, and negi, (squid, shrimp, and leek), topped with Japanese mayonnaise and strips of nori wrapper sprinkled on top. Very delicious and juicy. A must try at Kozui. And then I also fell in love with their Karage Chicken Salad (P148). It's a Japanese breaded chicken, lettuce, onions, and black sesame dressing for the kill. I ordered another one for take out because I just can't get enough! Then my dad also ordered another yummy treat, called the Chilled Green Tea Zaru Soba (P148), and a Chinese-inspired Dandan Noodles (148), a spicy egg noodle dish with cilantro that gets its zing from pepper, sezchuan sauce and siling labuyo. I thought to myself, the man behind all these dishes must be a genius! All their dishes are unique, inventive, and at the same time healthy! And then just when I thought green tea is boring, when I was introduced by Kozui's Green Tea Anmitsu (P138), man I was in awe! I discovered this Japanese version of our prized halo-halo! The anmitsu combines shaved ice, ice cream, taro jam, green tea jelly, fruits, sweet azuki beans, and my favorite element in the group, and mochi balls, it's like bilo-bilo in ginataan, only silkier! Damn, words aren't enough to express how yummy all of these are! When it comes to tea selections, nothing beats Kozui. The Genmaicha Geen Tea is also one favorite of mine. The aroma is just wonderful. Kozui Green Tea Cafe is located at 258 Tomas Morato St., Quezon City. Go visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment