frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Healthy foods

Last week I watched an episode of Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino's show, Boy and Kris, they were talking about healthy foods to eat, and if I remember it correctly they included water, apples, garlic, milk products, bananas, carrots, citrus fruits, tomatoes, fish, and green leafy veggies. That was an interesting episode because I just really eat what I like to eat. I don't really bother looking or knowing the nutritional facts of food that I eat. I just love all sorts of food and drinks, for me it's not a big deal whether I put beer in my pastries or ketchup in my soup, I just try all sorts of ingredients and mix it up in my dishes. I don't care if it's a weird combination, what matters to me is that they taste good. So there are a couple of things that I was surprised of, number one is that you're supposed to drink a glass of water the moment you wake up, because according to them when you sleep, you become dehydrated. I was like wow, really? I didn't know that! Number two, garlic lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases, I also didn't know that, funny thing is that I thought garlic is bad, probably because garlic makes your breath smell bad haha! So I guess it's alright to put on lotsa garlic in my dishes! Three, I was surprised to know that bananas makes you happy, they say it releases serotonin that alters the mood. Okay, so I need to stock up on those too! And lastly, I was also surprised to know that fish fat is healthy, they mentioned fish fat is good for arthritis, good for the heart, and good for memory. Nice right? Well that's basically what I wanna blog about today. My new learnings about foods hehee:D

1 comment: