frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The carb-fruit smoothie

Let me share something new that I did today. I call it the carb-fruit smoothie! An awesome name for an awesome drink! This drink is inspired by the Royce potatochip chocolate, I want to make something different too! So I decided to blend rice in my smoothie haha:D Carbs overload! I know too much carbs are bad but not if delivered in a great smoothie recipe right? Besides, most smoothies are composed of carbs anyway. Well, my smoothie has all the carbs it can get! It consist of 2 cups of rice, 1 cup of yogurt, 1 cup apple juice, 1 small banana, and crushed ice! What's also pretty unique with my drink is that I used my pea-sized plastic cutter in the shape of a dolphin to cut out bits of banana bread to make this drink a little more exciting. The dolphin shaped cut out bits of banana bread are placed on top of each serving. Of course, you have a choice whether to mix it in the smoothie or eat it first before drinking. My friends who were able to catch a glimpse of what I made where all like "aww, the dolphins are super cute!!" You see, dolphins have this universal appeal, which uplifts the spirits of many people. And so it's also perfect with my home-made smoothie, because once you drink it, I tell you, it can make you smile! :D I asked my neighbors to try the drink I made and they all loved it. I know the dolphin cut outs made it extra special!

1 comment:

  1. Smooth move Chef Tara, very smooth indeed.. Just like your smoothies. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete