frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Segafredo


Sit down and smell the coffee at Segafredo Espresso at the Podium! I was never really a coffee addict but this past few weeks i've been sleeping very late at night and I felt like I needed coffee to keep me going the next day. So now, i'm blogging about another restaurant called Segafredo. Like Connie's Kitchen, I have another friend of mine who makes and then supplies wonderful deserts like cakes and pastries in Segafredo. At Segafredo, you can partner up the coffee of your choice with pastries. It's I think called a coffee set when you order that. It could be like cafe americano with oatmeal cookie, or cafe latte with brazo de mercedes or a slice of chocolate cake. Segafredo is like a kiosk type of restaurant in the middle of the 2nd floor of podium, similar to Cibo found in the middle of shangri-la mall also in the 2nd floor. I would drool just at the sight of Amnesia chocolate cake and the humongous cookies at the counter. When I asked my friend who supples for them, she said that her Amnesia cake is actually her best-selling cake. And indeed it was truly delicious! What I loved about this chocolate moist cake is that the sweetness of it is just perfect, not to sweet and "hindi nakakasawa". So I told my mom about it and she said that she wanna order. Since my sister's birthday is also coming up, I've made a decision to buy that cake for her so we could eat it together. The 9" Amnesia chocolate cake cost me P950. It's actually a bit pricy but it's worth it. We were all loving it and we finished it all just for a night. Didn't even last for a day!

1 comment:

  1. May Sigafredo din sa may Greenhills. Ortigas. Sa may service road, on the same side as First Quadrant. Sarap ng mga Pizza din nila.. XD

    ReplyDelete