frustrated chef, food enthusiast

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Can't get enough of fro-yo's


Everytime I go the mall, and sees a stall or a store selling frozen yogurts, I wouldn't even have second thoughts on buying myself a cup. Last night it was my first time to try Yogurbud located at Podium mall. Despite my friends' bad reviews about it, they say it's sour, it's not creamy as white hat or red mango, blabla.. I actually really liked it! I liked their yogurt mainly because it really taste like a yogurt. I can taste it's sourness of the yogurt. Yogurbud has only 1 size and it translates to the large cup that you would get from the white hat and california berry and it has a cheaper price tag of P90. Maybe the reason for the cheap price is that yogurbud has that icy texture and some say that it is because they have extenders in their formula. Yogurbud is totally different from the rest of the other frozen yogurt shops. Yogurbud is different in the sense that it is closer to a sorbet texture and tangy while most of the yogurt shops, (the white hat, red mango, yoh-gurt froz, and cb's are creamier with dairy notes prevalent in the taste. Yogurbud is an acquired taste as it is sour but for me it tastes better though with every spoonful. I feel that it taste well blended in a fruit shake too!

No comments:

Post a Comment